Chawal Ke Atte ki Akki Roti - South Indian Breakfast recipe
My travels to South India gave me opportunity to learn this Chawal ke atte ki roti;also known as Akki Roti. Crispy from outside and soft from inside; eat it hot straight from pan.
Akki Roti's Secret
- 2 cup rice flour.
- Finely chopped – ginger, green chilli, green onion whites, onion greens, coriander, capsicum and cabbage.
- 2 tbs dry coconut powder.
- Cumin seeds (Jeera).
- Fresh curry leaves (kadi patta).
How to Make?
- Take 2 cup rice flour.
- Add some salt per taste.
- Add finely chopped – ginger, green chilli, green onion whites, onion greens, coriander, capsicum and cabbage.
- You can add any veggies of your choice.
- Add 2 tbs dry coconut powder.
- Add 2 tsp oil, cumin seeds and fresh curry leaves – tempering (Tadka) into flour.
- Mix well by adding little water and create a dough.
- Apply little in your hands and make the dough so it doesn’t stick to your hands
now cover the bowl, and leave dough for 10 minutes
dough will become little soft
time to make roti.
- Take a big roundel on work surface place a small plastic roundel, apply little oil and place dough roundel on it with hands, press and spread it to make thick flat roundel.
- Grease pan and then place the chawal roti on it; and drizzle few drops of oil on sides.
- Now cover the pan and let it cook at medium flame; don’t heat up the pan too much.
- Cook on each side by covering with lid.
- Then remove the lid and press it little while cooking.
- Chawal Roti is ready; it will be crispy from outside and soft from in between.
- Enjoy with Curd.
Watch Akki Rotti Cooking Process
No recipe Found