Secrets of Baingan Bharta Recipe
Baingan bharta recipe is known for many names like roasted eggplant recipe, brinjal bharta recipe, or Punjabi baingan bharta recipe. Baingan is also known as aubergine or eggplant in English. Baingan ka bharta recipe is the most popular Indian dish which is made with roasting the eggplant directly on flames till the skin can be peeled off. Baingan ka bharta is spicy and delicious recipe which is loved by everyone all over the world.
This version of baingan ka bharta recipe is easy to make and can be served with fresh chappatis and dal fry or any dal of your choice. Also try my Bhindi fry with besan recipe.
Here is a step by step guide on how to make baingan bharta.
- 1 kg. Big Eggplant (roasted).
- 2 Onions – finely chopped.
- 3-4 Tomatoes- finely chopped
- 4-5 Garlic cloves – finely chopped.
- A small piece of Ginger – shredded
- 2 Green chilies-chopped.
- Some Spring Onions – chopped (optional).
- 1/2 cup chopped Coriander leaves.
- 2 tbs cooking oil
- 1 tsp Garam Masala (optional)
- Chili powder & Salt (as per taste).
How to roast eggplants-
On a gas stove, apply some oil on the eggplant & put it directly on the fire; keep turning the sides till it becomes soft & tender; cook all the way inside. It should look chard from outside.
Alternatively, you may also use an oven instead of a traditional gas fire.
Cut the eggplant in a half, apply some oil on the eggplant; and place it on a baking tray.
- At 220 degrees for 20-30 minutes, bake the eggplant.
- Roasted eggplant is ready; remove the skin from the eggplant and mash it.
- Heat the pan, add oil.
- Add onion, ginger, garlic.
- Saute till they become brown.
- Add tomatoes, green chilies, salt, red chili powder & cook 7-10 minutes.
- Add mashed eggplant into the mixture.
- Mix well.
- Add garam masala.
- Add some water if required.
- Add half of the chopped coriander.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Baingan Bharta recipe is ready to serve.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
I love Bajra ki Roti with Baingan Bharta.
Baingan Bharta Recipe
No recipe Found