Delicious Banarasi Nimona Recipe
Best & Super Healthy winter dish you will have this year. Speciality from Uttar Pradesh, Nimona – a dish made from fresh green peas. You will really enjoy this sabjee, I promise.
Preparation Method of Banarasi Nimona
- Oil (Preferably Mustard Oil).
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (Jeera).
- 1/4th cup coriander.
- 2-3 garlic cloves
a small piece of ginger.
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup potato chopped in cubes and fried a pinch of asafoetida.
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder.
- 1 big tomato chopped.
- 200 gm of green peas – crushed in mixie.
- 1 cup green peas.
- 1/2 tsp garam masala.
- Take a pan
- Take some oil
- Add cumin seeds (jeera). 1/2 tsp Most important part of Nimona is a special Coriander chutney made from 1/4th cup coriander leaves, few garlic cloves, a small piece of ginger, few green chillies & 1/2 lemon juice – all churn in mixie to make chutney – keep it ready
Keep a cup of fried potato cubes ready
Cumin seeds are crackling, time to add a pinch of asafoetida and the coriander chutney we had churned earlier.
- Saute the mixture
Add some salt and 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- Once chutney gets cooked properly, add a cup of chopped tomatoes.
- Cook till tomatoes get softened.
- Now add 200 gm of crushed peas
- Mix well, cover the lead and let get cooked for 5-10 minutes on slow flame.
- Now add 1 cup of peas and fried potato cubes
- Add 1 tsp garam masala.
- Add 1 cup water
- Again cover the lead and let nimona get cooked.
- Nimona is ready.
- Enjoy with rice or like a sabji… eitherways it’s an awesome dish you must have this winter.
Watch video for Delicious Banarasi Nimona Recipe
Banarasi Nimona Recipe
No recipe Found