Beetroot Thepla | Beetroot Paratha Recipe
My daughter calls it Barbie Thepla or Pink Thepla, and loves it so much. But when she was young, little did she know that her mom was ‘cheating’ her to cleverly feed beetroot.
How to make Beetroot Paratha Recipe (Thepla) ?
- 200 gm wheat flour.
- 1 big sized spring onion.
- Finely chopped green chillies (as per taste).
- Finely chopped coriander leaves.
- 1 finely chopped small ginger knob.
- Some white sesame seeds (safed til).
- 1 tsp ajwain.
- 1 tbs + some more oil.
- Approx 150 gm beetroot puree.
- Water (as required).
How to make?
- Take a mixing bowl.
- Add 200 gm wheat flour.
- Add 1 big sized spring onion.
- Add finely chopped green chillies (as per taste).
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves
(you can also add methi or palak in this thepla).
- Add 1 finely chopped small ginger knob.
- Add some white sesame seeds (safed til).
- Add 1 tsp ajwain (crush with hands)
(add spices as per your choice).
- Add salt as per taste.
- Add 1 tbs oil.
- Add approx 150 gm beetroot puree (or shredded).
- Knead a soft dough (as paratha).
- Add some water (if required) (Apply some oil on dough & rest for 10-15 min).
- Further roll out few balls from the prepared dough.
- Take a rolling board.
- Apply some dry flour on the ball.
- Flatten it with the help of rolling pin.
- Sprinkle some safed til and chopped coriander on it.
- Keep rolling by moving it from all sides.
- To make even Theplas, cut with a ring cutter / bowl.
- Now heat up the pan.
- Place thepla on it and cook one side.
- Then flip and add 1/2 tsp oil on it.
- Cook it on medium heat for 5-7 min.
- Once cooked, color of the thepla changes to darker
(Make more theplas with the same procedure).
- Serve with Tadka Dahi.
- Enjoy this Super Healthy & Yummilicious Beetroot Thepla!!!
Watch Beetroot Paratha Recipe Video
No recipe Found