Cabbage Pancake Recipe
Give cabbage to kids, they will make frown; but give them this cabbage pancake, they won’t even know. More importantly, this is made without baking soda or fruit salt / eno, so you will be able to give to young kids too. You can also use other alternatives to Besan as well. So no excuses for not trying this recipe.
How to make Cabbage Pancake Recipe?
- 1.5 cup finely chopped cabbage (patta gobi).
- Small bunch of finely chopped coriander (dhaniya).
- 1 medium sized thinly sliced onion.
- Some finely chopped green chillies.
- Finely chopped small ginger knob.
- 3-4 finely chopped garlic cloves.
- 1/2 tsp ajwain.
- Pinch of asafoetida powder (hing).
- Some turmeric powder (haldi).
- Some crushed coriander seeds (sabut dhaniya – optional).
- 1/2 lime juice.
- Salt as per taste.
- 4 tbs gram flour (besan).
- 3 tbs semolina (suji/ rava).
- Oil for roasting.
How to make?
- Take a mixing bowl, add 1.5 cup finely chopped cabbage (patta gobi – wash 2-3 hours prior using).
- Add a small bunch of finely chopped coriander.
- Add 1 medium sized thinly sliced onion.
- Add some finely chopped green chillies.
- Add finely chopped small ginger knob.
- Add 3-4 finely chopped garlic cloves.
- Add 1/2 tsp ajwain.
- Add a pinch of asafoetida powder (hing).
- Add some turmeric powder (haldi) and mix it well
(can add spices as per your taste).
- Add some crushed coriander seeds (sabut dhaniya – optional).
- Squeeze 1/2 lime juice.
- Add salt as per taste, mix it and rest for 10 min
(to check if the cabbage oozes water).
- Then add 4 tbs gram flour (besan – for binding you can also use bajra/ jowar/ makai ka atta).
- Add 3 tbs semolina (suji/ rava – for crunch).
- Keep mixing it for 5 min and rest the batter for 5-7 min more.
- Heat up the pan, spread some oil.
- Add a scoop of batter to make small pancakes.
- Cover the lid and cook for 2 min on medium flame.
- Drizzle 2-3 drops of oil on it, then flip.
- Cook pancake from both the sides until it turns golden-brown
(make more pancakes with the same procedure).
- Take them on a serving plate, top with a butter cube and coriander leave.
- And enjoy your Super Healthy & Delicious Cabbage Pancakes!!!
Cabbage Pancake Recipe Video
YouTube Video available here on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaablzgHqbw&t=143s.
Cabbage Pancake Recipe
No recipe Found