Chocolate Walnut Halwa Recipe
Giving Chocolate Twist to our traditional Rich Walnut Halwa. I loved the outcome made with these fresh walnuts from Chile. And why I say fresh is because Chillean Walnuts are grown in Southern Hamisphere and so the harvesting happens around June; and therefore we get fresh walnut just around our festive season which starts from August.
How to make Chocolate Walnut Halwa?
- 12 Chilean walnuts (more than 1 cup), coarsely ground.
- 3 tbs ghee.
- 1/2 cup full fat milk.
- 2 tbs milk powder / khoya (optional or you can skip it by adding more 1/2 cup milk).
- 1/4 cup sugar.
- 50 gm roughly chopped dark chocolate.
How to make?
- In a chopper, coarsely grind 12 Chilean walnuts (more than 1 cup).
- Transfer in a bowl.
- Heat 3 tbs ghee in a pan.
- Add crushed walnuts.
- Fry for a minute and add 1/2 cup full fat milk.
- Add 2 tbs milk powder / khoya (optional or you can skip it by adding more 1/2 cup milk).
- Cook until milk is reduced to half.
- Once milk turns thicker, add 1/4 cup sugar.
- Cook it on slow to medium flame for 10 minutes.
- Let’s add some twist to the Halwa.
- Add approx 50 gm roughly chopped dark chocolate.
- Combine everything well until chocolate melts.
- Top with some.
- Chilean walnuts.
- Enjoy your Heavenly Delicious Walnut Halwa!!!
Watch Chocolate Walnut Halwa Recipe Video
Chocolate Walnut Halwa
No recipe Found