Cranberry Kalakand Recipe
With Raksha Bandhan round the corner, I was moved by a video by US Cranberries India and thought of creating a traditional Indian Sweet – Kalakand with Cranberries Twist (Cranberry Kalakand Recipe). Cranberries have many benefits and the best is it is good for women with UTI problems.
How to make Cranberry Kalakand ?
- 1.5 tbs finely chopped dry cranberries.
- 2 ltr full cream milk.
- 2 tsp water + 2 tsp vinegar mixed.
- 1/2 cup sugar.
- 4-5 cardamom powder (Elaichi powder).
- Almond and Pistachio for garnishing.
How to make?
- Take 1.5 tbs Dry cranberries and finely chop them.
- Take 2 ltr full cream milk of which
Boil 1 ltr milk in a pan where we constantly stir it.
- And the the other 1 ltr kept in pot, we will use to make paneer.
- This milk in pot, boil and then turn off and let it cool down a little.
- Now gradually, add 2 tsp water mixed with 2 tsp vinegar into milk.
- You will see paneer forming.
- Drain out water and keep paneer aside
Tip: Save paneer water for cooking use as it has many benefits.
- Wash paneer 2-3 times so that vinegar sourness is completely removed.
- Now the 1 ltr milk in pan keep boiling at medium flame.
- As you see milk reduced and becoming thick.
- Keep removing Malai (Cream) from sides of pan and mixing it back into milk.
- Now gently mash and add paneer into milk.
- Add chopped cranberries.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar (You can take more sugar if you want).
- Now boil again at medium flame for 15 min as sugar releases water.
- Add 4-5 cardamom powder.
- Always add cardamom powder at the end.
- Total it will take 45 minutes of stirring that will be required.
- Take a tray or thali, grease with ghee.
- And spread kalakand mix in the tray.
- Garnish with almonds, pista and US cranberries.
- Gently press the dry fruits and cranberries so that it sticks to kalakand and doesn’t come off.
- Let it come to room temperature.
- And place in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Take out the tray and Cut in squares or rectrangle shapes.
- Enjoy Cranberries Kalakand.
Watch Cranberry Kalakand Recipe Video
No recipe Found