Cranberry Ukadiche Modak Recipe
How to make Cranberry Ukadiche Modak?
- Ghee 1 cup grated fresh coconut.
- 1/2 cup jaggery.
- 2 tbs finely chopped US cranberries.
- Some cardamom (elaichi) powder (optional).
- Water Some salt.
- 1 cup rice flour.
- Some saffron.
- Some milk.
- Heat up the pan.
- pour 1/2 tsp ghee
- Add 1 cup grated fresh coconut (roast it on a medium flame for 5 mins).
- Add 1/2 cup jaggery, keep mixing it until it melts and mixes well.
- Add 2 tbs finely chopped US cranberries.
- Add some cardamom (elaichi) powder (optional).
- Turn off the stove when the stuffing gets dry.
- Now heat up another pan, pour 3/4th cup water and a pinch of salt in it.
- Add 1/2 tsp ghee and turn off the stove when water starts boiling.
- Add 1 cup rice flour, mix it and cover the lid for sometime to cook the flour nicely with the help of steam.
- Take out the flour in a mixing bowl, apply some ghee on hands and keep kneeding the flour warm. (can apply some water if the dough becomes hard).
- Roll out a ball, dip your fingers in a bowl of water.
- Using your thumb make a dent in the center, begin to spread the dough in a circular motion using both hands and make the edges thinner. (can apply some ghee on hands).
- Place a good amount of stuffing in the center, pinch the cover from outside and make as many pleats as possible.
- Bring together all the pleats gently and seal giving it a good shape.(prepare more modaks by same procedure or else you can make all these modaks with the help of moulds)
- Take a steel food strainer, grease some ghee on it.(place a banana leaf in it – optional)
- Place the modaks in the strainer.
- Now turn on the stove, bring some water in steamer and place the strainer on it.
- Cover the lid and cook for 7-10 mins on medium flame.(do not over cook it).
- Pour some drops of milk on it mixed with saffron and garnish it with some US cranberries.
- And here’s Bappa Ka Most Favourite Delicious Prasad is ready.
Cranberry Ukadiche Modak Video with Meghna's Food Magic
Cranberry Ukadiche Modak
No recipe Found