Curd Rice Recipe
This is a super healthy and quick recipe of curd rice; which you can make from very few ingredients. I think most households would have made this at some time; I think this is best for lockdown period with very few ingredients going into this.
Curd Rice Secrets
- 1 cup cooked rice.
- 1/2 cup curd (beat it before use).
- Grated carrot
- 1 chopped green chilli.
- Fresh kadi patta – curry leaves.
- Coriander leaves chopped.
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds – Rai ke daane.
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds – Jeera.
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida – Hing powder.
- 2 dry red chillies- sabud lal mirch.
How to make?
- First, we will prepare tadka on the side.
- Take some oil in a pan and put it on slow flame.
- Now in a bowl, take 1 cup cooked rice.
- Add grated carrot – this is a twist to traditional curd rice.
- Add shredded cucumber- goes very well with curd.
- Add 1/2 cup curd – which I have beaten first.
- Add some salt into the bowl.
- Meanwhile, oil is heated up.
- Add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds (rai) & 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) into the oil.
- Wait till you hear cracking sound.
- Add 1/2 tsp asafoetida (hing powder)- love the aroma it gives.
- Add 1 chopped green chilli.
- Add fresh kadi patta (curry leaves).
- Add 1-2 sabud dry red chilli
- Tadka is ready, now add tadka into curd rice mix, leave some tadka for garnishing.
- Add chopped coriander leaves too at this time.
- Curd Rice is ready.
- Serve it in a serving bowl and topple with the remaining tadka for garnishing.
Watch Video for Curd Rice Recipe
Curd Rice Easiest Recipe
No recipe Found