How to make Dahi Vada ?
The summers are here and imagine having something cooling in the form of chaat. Isn’t that amazing? Dahi vada recipe is a popular North Indian chaat recipe made by dipping soft vada in curd and garnished with spices and chutney. Dahi vada recipe of Dhai Bhalla recipe is served as a chilled snack or as a starter. Try your hand in making this delicious bhallas with tangy chutney at home.
Also try Paneer Tikka Masala by Chef Meghna.
- 1/2 bowl Semolina (Rava).
- Curd (Dahin).
- Chopped Green Chillies.
- 1/2 tsp Ginger grated.
- Salt as per taste.
- 1 tsp fruit salt (baking soda).
For platting :
- Sweet Tamrind Chutney.
- Spicy Coriander Chutney.
- Red Chili powder.
- Roadted Cumin.
- Seeds Powder.
- Coriander Leaves.
Dahi Vada – a dish we eat all the time. As usual, I have a healthy twist to it. Don’t miss it, as it’s my mom’s recipe.
- In a bowl, take Semolina (Rava)
- Take Curd in the equal quantity as Semolina.
- Add Curd to Semolina
- Mix it well
- Add Green Chilies as per taste
- Add Ginger grated
- Mix it well
- Salt as per taste
- Mix well
- Add 1/4th cup water & leave it for 5 minutes
- To make fluffy Dahin vada, add 1 tsp fruit salt
- Add just a little bit of water into the mixture.
- You will see bubbles forming after adding water to fruit salt.
- Take Appam Patra
Grease it with few drops of oil.
- We are not going to deep fry vada.
- This is a healthy twist to traditional Dahi vada recipe.
- We will shallow fry vada.
- Now pour dahi vada mixture into appam patra.
- Don’t make it full, as it will rise due to fruit salt.
- Cook it on both the sides for 5 minutes.
- So our healthy vada are ready.
- Now take thin water mixed curd in a bowl add salt, mix it well.
- Mix curd and vada, let them soak for 5 minutes.
- Time to now plate our dahin wada.
- Serve dahi vada in a bowl.
- Topple with Meethi Chutny ( Sweet Tamrind Chutney)
- Some Green Chili Chutney.
- Pomegranate on top.
- Sprinkle Red Chili Powder.
- Sprinkle Roasted.
- Cumin Seeds Powder.
- And Coriander leaves to garnish with.
- Enjoy Dahi Vada with healthy twist of my mother.
Dahi Vada Recipe
No recipe Found