- Prep Time30 - 40 mins
- Serving2 People
Dahin Waale Aloo Ki Sabzi
This is how we make Dahi wale aloo; do share how you make it at home. A lot of people wrote to me that during lockdown, all they have is potato and onions to cook. So I thought of sharing this recipe – a variation to usual aloo sabjee. While you eat this like a vegetable; but the next day you can eat it like chat. Just takes 10-15 min to cook. Watch the recipe and find out how.
Cooking Process for Dahin Waale Aloo Ki Sabzi
- 3-4 far-boiled potatoes cut in cubes.
- 3 tsp oil.
- Red chilli powder.
- Turmeric powder.
- Coriander leaves.
- 2 cloves garlic cloves finely chopped.
- Jeera (Cumin seeds).
- 2 Garlic cloves finely chopped
Kadi patta (Green curry leaves) just a few.
- 1 small onion finely chopped.
- 3/4th cup curd.
How to Make?
- Take 3-4 big size potatoes and far boil them (Don’t over boil as we will be cooking them further).
- Heat up the pan.
- Take cubes of far boiled potatoes.
- Take 2 tsp of oil in the pan and let it warm up.
- Add 1/3 tsp red chilli powder and 1/3tsp Turmeric powder.
- Add some salt.
- Let it warm up a little And add the far-boiled potatoes cubes.
- Cook potatoes till you see golden color covering potatoes
don’t cover the lead so that you get crispy layer on potatoes
toss them so that get evenly coateed.
- Now take them out of the pan.
- And in the same pan, take 1 tsp oil.
- Add Jeera 1 tsp (cumin seeds) and wait for it to crackle.
- Now add 2 cloves garlic finely chopped.
- Let it get slightly brown.
- Add few kadi patta (Green cury leaves).
- And add 1 small onion finely chopped.
- Immediately add little salt (go easy on salt as you have already added salt in potatoes).
- Once onions get tender, add 1/2 tsp Haldi (turmeric powder and 1 tsp Dhaniya powder (coriander leave).
- Add 1 tsp red chilli powder.
- Let it get cooked for 1-2 mintes and then add water so that masalas don’t get burnt
now add potatoes which we had half cooked.
- Add some more water and let potatoes soak all the masalas.
- Now switch off the gas/ flame and add 3/4th cup curd.
- Mix well.
- Add some more water so that you get little thin / water consistency.
- Now turn on the gas on low flame.
- And cook sabjee till water gets boiling.
- Stir gently intermittently.
- Add some coriander leaves.
- Wait till you see liquid boiling in the pan, that means Dahi wale aloo are ready
add some more coriander leaves for garnishing and enjoy with roti, bread or rice.
Watch Dahin Waale Aloo Ki Sabzi Recipe Video
Dahin Waale Aloo Ki Sabzi
No recipe Found