How to make Egg Bhurji ?
Egg Bhurji recipe is quite popular in the streets of Northern and western India. Egg Bhurji has other names such as Anda Bhurji or Ande ki Bhurji.In India you can easily find egg bhurji anywhere at highway rest stops and street-side food stalls. It is simple to make, healthy and tastes delicious. This recipe is loved by all not just because of its taste but also it requires basic equipment and minimal ingredients. Egg Bhurji goes pretty well with any Indian flatbread like chapati,puri or naan. You can serve it with small bread or laddi pav for street-style. Let’s know all about this amazingly delicious Egg Bhurji Recipe without further ado.If you liked this recipe also try my other Egg recipes like Punjabi Egg Curry Recipe, Stuffed Omelette Recipe, Egg Maggi Noodles Recipe and many more.
Most popular street food in India – Egg Bhurjee is India’s answer to Scrambled eggs. Best to eat warm but you could also carry anda bhurjee in tiffin as well.
Cooking of Egg Bhurji Recipe
- 3 eggs.
- 2 Tomatoes finely chopped.
- 1 big Onion finely chopped.
- Coriander leaves chopped.
- 2 Green chilies finely chopped.
- Salt per taste.
- 1 tsp spoon Ginger- Garlic paste.
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi).
- Heat up a pan.
- Add 2 spoon oil.
- Once the oil starts getting hot, add finely chopped onion.
- Add salt per taste.
- Once the onion starts getting cooked, add ginger-garlic paste 1 tsp.
- Now add green chilies.
- Time to add 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder (Haldi powder).
- Let it cook for some time
now time to add tomatoes.
- We want well-cooked tomatoes, so close the lid of the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Once you see tomatoes get mushy, it’s time to add eggs.
- When you add eggs, start stirring the mix else you will not get the bhurjee texture.
- Once bhurjee texture comes to your liking, switch off the gas.
- Add Coriander leaves into bhurjee.
- And your egg bhurji recipe is ready.
- Plate it and eat with bread or pav or roti.
- You may garnish with some coriander leaves, if you like.
- Best to have warm but you could also carry in tiffin/ lunch box.
Watch Egg Bhurji Recipe Video
More about Punjabi Egg Bhurji Recipe / Anda Bhurji Recipe
Egg Bhurji is one of the most loved food items all over India. There are some tips for Anda Bhurji or can say Egg Bhurji. Chef Meghna here on Chef Meghna’s Official website. You can note some below given points about Anda Bhurji:
- You can add Masalas as per your taste and quantity of eggs used.
- You can use onions, tomato, and many other raw vegetables which can be used in “Chhok”.
- You can use oil, butter, Desi Ghee to make this Bhurji.
- Punjabi Egg Bhurji and other Egg Bhurji are the same but the main difference is just about species, butter used in the Bhurji.
Egg Bhurji Recipe
No recipe Found