Meghna’s Food Magic – Banana cake is a cake prepared using banana as a primary ingredient and typical cake ingredients. It can be prepared in various manners, such as a layer cake, as muffins and as cupcakes. The batter is slightly hard & cake will not rise much. You may add Walnut or Almond; & it’s best for High Tea or Coffee.
- 3 Riped Bananas
- 3/4th cup sugar (half Castor sugar and half Brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup Maida
- 3/4 cup wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- A pinch of salt Some walnuts (chopped in big chunks)
- Icing sugar for dusting.
How to Make?
- Preparing wet ingredients-
- Take three ripped bananas in a bowl.
- Mash them with a fork.
- Add 3/4th cup castor sugar.
- If you want less sweet than replace half of the castor sugar with brown sugar.
- Take 1/2 cup oil.
- Take odourless oil.
- Mix nicely with a spatula.
- Add 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence.
- Too much vanilla essence can overtake the cinnamon flavour; hence take less essence.
Preparing dry ingredients-
- In a bowl, take 3/4th cup Maida & 3/4th cup Wheat Flour.
- Add 1 tsp baking powder & 1 tsp baking soda.
- Add 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Add a pinch of salt
Mix them well.
- Pre-heat the oven 180 degree for 10 minutes.
- Baking time 35-40 minutes.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Mix with cut & fold method.
- Mix chopped walnuts.
- Thick batter is ready.
- Take a bread pan to bake banana bread.
- The bread pan should be lined and greased.
- Fill the cake batter up to 3/4th level of bread pan.
- Bake the cake for 40 minuets.
- Take out of the oven and let it cook down.
- Take out the cake in the parchment paper.
- Remove the paper.
- Dust some icing sugar on top.
- Slice & serve the Banana Walnut Cake.
- Enjoy with coffee.
Eggless Banana Walnut Cake
No recipe Found