Fajeto Recipe - A Gujarati Mango Kadhi
Fajeto – A Gujarati Mango Kadhi – Summer Special.
We Gujaratis find ways and means to consume Mangoes in every possible way. We don’t even leave a single drop of mango pulp from the mango skins; so we wash them and use that water to make Fajeto – you can call it Mango Kadhi – enjoyed with Rice and dry yellow moong dal. Made with very basic ingredients – I think this could be another dish easily you can add to your weeks’ menu this Summer Season.
1.5 tsp Besan (chickpeas flour)
Cumin seeds (Jeera)
Mustard seeds (Rai ke daane)
Few fresh green kadi Patta (green curry leaves)
A small piece of ginger shredded / OR ginger dry powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (Haldi powder)
1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chili powder
Jaggery piece or little sugar
Few drops of fresh lemon.
How to Make?
- Take left 2 over mango skin and soak in water and press out all the mango pulp
Strain the water so all roughages are removed.
- Add 2 spoon of mango pulp (aam ras)
- Mix well
- Add 1.5 tsp besan (chickpeas flour).
- Add 1/2 cup curd
- Mix well so that there are no lumps left.
- The mixer in which you had mango pulp; add some water there too (like I said never waste a single drop mango).
- Add little oil in a deep pan; keep pan on slow flame.
- Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds
- Wait for them to crackle.
- Add fresh green curry leaves.
- Add little piece of ginger shredded; alternatively, you can also add dry ginger powder – gives great flavour.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (Haldi powder).
- Add 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chili powder.
- Mix everything.
- Add water (which we had in the mixer in which mango pulp was made) to ensure masalas don’t get burnt.
- Add little salt.
- Now add the mango pulp curd besan mixture
keep stirring it – if you feel it’s thick, add little water.
- Add a piece of jaggery (or little sugar if you don’t have jaggery) as Fajeto is sour, spicy, sweet in taste.
- Keep cooking at medium flame else curd will get split in fajeto
once you get a boil; fajeto is ready
- Add a few drops of lemon (you can add raw mango pieces too) it will enhance the flavour.
- Garnish with Kadi Patta (fresh green curry leaves).
- Serve Fajeto with Rice and if you make yellow dry moong dal; it’s a perfect combination.
Watch Fajeto Recipe
No recipe Found