How to make Gujiya ?
- 1 cup khoya (mava).
- 1.5 cup Maida (plain flour).
- 2 spoon Ghee.
- Dry fruits – Almond, Pista.
- 1.5 tbs Sugar.
- Elaichi powder.
- 2 spoon coconut powder.
How to make?
- Take 1 cup mava (khoya) in a pan.
- Keep roasting it till mava gets brown.
- Make sure you keep stirring mava so that it doesn’t get stick to the pan.
- On the sides take a bowl and add 1 cup Maida (plain flour).
- In the Maida, add 2 spoon ghee.
- Keep mixing everything.
- Keep checking mava.
- Add little cold water.
- 2-2 spoon in the maida and ghee mixture.
- Make dough like Paratha.
- Cover the bowl of lead and leave it for resting 15-20 minutes.
- On the pan, mava has been roasted well and its color has changed
take out mava in a bowl and let it cool down.
- Once mava gets cool down, add 2 spoon coconut powder.
- Add some elaichi powder.
- Add chopped pista & almonds.
- Add 1.5 tbs sugar
- Mix well.
- Gujiya filling is ready.
- Now take the maida dough and flatten it like a chapati.
- Cut out roundels using a bowl.
- Take some mava gujiya filling and place it at the centre of roundels.
- Apply a little water on the sides of roundels.
- Close the gujiya and using fork seal the sides.
- We are baking and not frying.
- So take parchment paper on a baking tray.
- Pre-heat oven for 10 minutes at 180 degree.
- Place gujiya in it and bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Take it out – the colour won’t be too brown as we are baking and not frying.
- Immediately brush honey on the top; you will get the excellent shine.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and pista.
- While serving in a plate; pour some more honey on the top.
- So Healthy Baked Gujiya recipe – no frying, no sugar syrup… we have cut down half the calories with this version of Gujiya.
Watch Gujiya Recipe Video
No recipe Found