Jain Capsicum Sabzi Recipe
While many Jain families do not eat greens; but I have seen many Jains make an exception to Capsicum; including my home too. Right from my grandma to mother and to me, we have been making this quick Capsicum Sabzi during Paryushan. Believe me there is no chilli powder, no onion, no garlic in this, yet it’s so tasty. And make sure you keep the Capsicums a little crunchy; that’s how you enjoy this sabzi on sides with main course.
How to make Jain Capsicum Sabzi ?
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (rai).
- Pinch of asafoetida powder (hing).
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi).
- 2 tsp dhaniya – jeera powder.
- Salt as per taste.
- 1 medium sized finely chopped capsicum (Shimla Mirch).
- Spoonful of water.
- 1 tsp gram flour (besan).
- 1/2 lemon juice.
- Less than 1/2 tsp sugar.
How to make?
- Heat up the pan.
- Add some oil.
- Add 1 tsp mustard seeds (rai).
- Add a pinch of asafoetida powder (hing).
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi).
- Add 2 tsp dhaniya – jeera powder.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Fry for a minute.
- Add 1 medium sized capsicum, cut into small cubes (Shimla Mirch).
- Add some water to avoid burning masala.
- Cover the lid and cook for 5 minutes until it’s tender.
- Further add 1 tsp gram flour (besan).
- Mix it well and add 1/2 lemon juice.
- Add less than 1/2 tsp sugar.
- Mix it, cover the lid and cook for another 5 min.
- Turn off the heat and take it on a serving plate.
- Enjoy this Shimla Mirch ki Sabji warm with Roti or Khakra!
Watch Jain Capsicum Sabzi Recipe Video
Jain Capsicum Sabzi
No recipe Found