How to make Kadai Chicken Recipe?
Today we are going to make a very delicious and spicy North Indian chicken recipe popularly known as Kadai Chicken Recipe. Kadai is an Indian wok that is the most common kitchen in Indian homes. Have you ever thought that every recipe that is cooked in Kadai is named after it like Kadai paneer recipe restaurant style and Kadai mushroom masala recipe ? It’s not the most creative name but this is how Kadai chicken got its name.
Most Indian restaurants have kadhai chicken on their menu. Kadai Chicken Recipe is the most popular north Indian dish and is renowned for its amazing taste.
Kadai chicken Cooking Process and Ingredients used
- 2 tbs Coriander Seeds (Sabut Dhaniya).
- 1 tbs Cumin Seeds (Jeera).
- 15-20 peppercorns.
- 2-3 Kashmiri dry whole chilies.
- Half kg Chicken pieces.
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic paste.
- 3 to 4 tbs Oil.
- 1 spoon saturated butter (Ghee).
- 3 to 4 finely chopped garlic.
- A few ginger Julians for cooking as well as garnishing.
- 2 Bay leaves (Tej Patta).
- 1 big Finely chopped onion
- Salt per taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder.
- 2 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder 1 (Dhaniya powder).
- Chopped green chilies.
- 1 tsp Garam Masala.
- 2 Chopped tomatoes.
- 1 tbs Curd
Half Onion & half Capsicum cut in cubes.
- Heat up the pan at medium flame
We will first roast the masala for Kadai Chicken.
- Take 2 tbsp coriander seeds in the pan.
- Add 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds.
- Add 15-20 peppercorns.
- Add 2-3 Kashmiri dry whole chilies.
- Let the masalas roast for 5-7 minutes.
- Once done, let it cool down and crush it in mixie.
- The crushed masala should not be very granule in texture
so don’t crush too much.
- Now in a bowl, take chicken pieces.
- Add ginger-garlic paste.
- And keep chicken aside for marination.
- Heat up the pan again.
- Add some oil
- Add 1 spoon of Ghee (Saturated butter).
- Add finely chopped garlic.
- Add a couple of Ginger Julians.
- Add a Bay Leave
- Now add marinated chicken.
- Mix well
- Cover the lead & let the chicken cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Now add finely chopped onions.
- Add some salt
Time to add all the dry masalas.
- Add turmeric powder.
- Add Kashmiri red chili powder.
- Add 1 tsp Coriander powder.
- Add chopped green chilies.
- Add garam masala.
- The masala we roasted earlier should be kept for last.
- Mix well, cover the lead and let it cook 5-7 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes.
- Add curd
- Add the roasted masala we prepared earlier.
- Add onion and capsicum cut in cubes.
- Cover the lead & let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add fenugreek leaves (Kasuri methi).
- Gently crush it under palms to get the aroma flowing.
- Mix well
- And your Kadai Paneer recipe is ready.
- Take it in a serving bowl.
- Garnish with coriander leaves & ginger Julians
- Seve with Paratha / Roti / Nan / Kulcha.
Watch Chinese Chilli Chicken Recipe
Tips for kadai chicken recipe
- We have to roast dry masala for this kadai chicken.
- Saboot Dhaniya, jeera, some peppercorns and kashmiri mirchi.
- This masala mixture should be powdered roughly.
- This is the secret of the recipe which will be used almost at the last step in the cooking process.
- The cooking press process of kadai chicken is a slightly lengthy process because we need to cook chicken pieces deeply so that the taste of masala well and deeply mixed in the chicken pieces.
Kadai Chicken Recipe
No recipe Found