Khasta Mathri Recipe
Layered Mathri | हलवाई जैसी खस्ता मठरी घर पर बनाने कि विधि |
Most popular snack – Layered Mathri – we not only make during Diwali but enjoy throughout the year. And benefit of @Wagga Pure is not only that oil absorption is low but also you won’t get the smell of oil even after many days of cooking.
Preparation Method of Khasta Mathri
- 1 cup all purpose flour (maida).
- Some crushed black pepper.
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera).
- 1 tsp ajwain.
- Salt as per taste.
- 2 spoon ghee.
- 3 spoon corn flour/ rice flour.
- 2 tbs oil (to kneed dough).
- Oil (for deep frying).
- Red chilli powder (to sprinkle).
How to Prepare?
- Take a mixing bowl, add 1 cup all purpose flour (maida).
- Add some crushed black pepper.
- Add 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera).
- Add 1 tsp ajwain.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Add 2 tbs oil (to make it crispy), kneed dough like paratha and leave for 15 mins.
- Further take a small bowl, add 2 spoon ghee in it.
- Add 3 spoon corn flour/ rice flour (corn flour helps to get layers in mathri) and mix it vigorously with the help of spoon.
- Further roll out some balls from the dough.
- Place one ball on flat surface/ silicon sheet/ rolling board, flatten it further with the help of rolling pin and dust some flour if required.
(Make more 3-4 rotis).
- Then place one roti on flat surface, apply good amount of ghee mixture on it and spread it around.
- Place more rotis and add a layer of ghee mixture one by one.
- Apply some ghee mixture on last roti and make a roll of all roti layers.
- Cut this roll into small pieces/ rolls and flatten these small rolls with the help of rolling pin.
- Further heat up the pan for frying, pour oil in it (try Wagga Wagga oil, it’s a best oil for deep frying, it’s odourless, chemical free and healthy oil).
- Add mathris in oil and fry until it gets golden-brown colour and take them on a tissue paper (it will absorb oil).
- Sprinkle some red chilli powder from top (optional).
- And then your Crunchy Layered Mathri is ready…
Watch video for Khasta Mathri Recipe
Khasta Mathri Recipe
No recipe Found