Korean Pancake - Hotteok from Scratch Recipe
Famous Korean Street Food Pan Fried Pancake or popularly known as Hotteok. Have made vegetarian version and shallow fried it.
- 1 cup lukewarm water.
- 1 tbs sugar + (some sugar for stuffing optional).
- 2 tsp instant/active yeast.
- 1 tbs oil + 1 tsp oil + 1/4 cup oil.
- 2 cup all purpose flour(maida).
- Salt as per taste
- 1 cup boiled noodles.
- 2 tbs soya sauce.
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot.
- 1 small chopped capsicum.
- 1 small chopped onion.
- Some sweet corn.
- Some crushed black pepper.
- 1/2 tsp roasted sesame oil.
How to make?
- Take a mixing bowl, add 1 cup lukewarm water.
- Add 1 tbs sugar.
- Add 2 tsp instant/ active yeast (or 1 tsp fresh yeast)
(To avoid yeast you can use 1 tsp baking soda).
- Add 1 tbs oil and mix it.
- Then add 2 cup all purpose flour (maida) once water starts getting bubbles.
- Add salt as per taste, mix it well and leave it for half to 1 hour to get good fermentation.
To Make Stuffing :
- Heat up the pan, pour 1 tsp oil.
- Add some finely chopped green chillies.
- Add 1 cup boiled noodles.
- Add 2 tbs soya sauce.
- Add some sugar (optional).
- Add salt as per taste and mix it.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped carrot.
- Add 1 small chopped capsicum.
- Add 1 small chopped onion.
- Add some sweet corn.
- Add some crushed black pepper.
- Add 1/2 tsp roasted sesame oil, mix it well and turn off the stove.
- Further heat up another pan pour 1/4 cup oil
- Apply some oil on palms, take some dough and spread it with the help of fingers.
- Then add a spoonful of stuffing in it and try to cover the stuffing with dough.
- Place it in pan, cook it on slow to medium flame until it turns golden-brown then flip and press it gently while frying. (It takes 7-8 mins for each side to cook well, make more hotteok with the same procedure).
- Here’s your Scrumptious Korean Pan Fry Hotteok ready… serve it hot to taste yummm !!!
Watch Korean Pancake / Hotteok Recipe Video
No recipe Found