Leftover Rice Uttapam - Instant and Easy Breakfast
Leftover Rice is a common feature in our Indian households; now convert that into an Uttapam. It’s nice and soft. Enjoy hot.
- 1 cup boiled rice.
- 1/2 cup curd.
- 1/4th cup semolina.
- 1 tsp fruit salt
- sambhar masala
- Chopped coriander, onions, tomatoes and chillies.
How to make?
- Take 1 cup boiled rice in a mixer.
- Add 1/2 cup curd.
- Add 4 tbs water
- Churn in mixer
- Add 1/4th cup Semolina (suji / rava) and 1 tbs water.
- Again churn in mixer till you get smooth batter.
- Now leave the batter to rest for 15-30 minutes so that semolina becomes soft.
- Now in the batter add salt per taste.
- Add 1 tsp fruit salt (eno).
- The batter will start getting bubbles; mix immediately.
- Separately, keep chopped coriander, tomatoes, onion and chilli for uttapam topping.
- Time to make Uttapam
- Heat up a pan, apply little oil, and rub the surface with tissue paper so you get greasing effect.
- Now make small uttapams and cook on slow to medium flame.
- Sprinkle chopped vegetables on top and Sambhar Powder on top (you can sprinkle red chilli powder) and Salt on top.
- Drizzle some oil or butter or ghee around borders of uttapam.
- Before you Flip the Uttapam drizzle few drops oil in the center of uttapam.
- This will take 5-7 minute and use good non-stick pan.
- Once both sides are cooked; take out uttpam and enjoy with chutney / sambhar.
Watch Leftover Rice Uttapam Video
Leftover Rice Uttapam
No recipe Found