How to make Makhana Ki Bhel Recipe ?
Time for a quick Makhana Bhel, don’t miss the tips on Chutney as makhana (foxnuts/lotus seeds) get chewy very quickly.
Ingredients of Makhana
First Make Thick Coriander Chutney
- 1 tbs Raw peanuts.
- 1 garlic clove.
- 1-2 green chillies.
- 1 bunch of coriander leaves.
- 3-4 ice cubes.
- 1/2 lemon juice.
- 1/2 tbs water . Next we will make sweet tamarind chutney
- 1/2 tbs water in heated pan.
- 1/2 cup jaggery (gud).
- 1.5 tbs tamrind pulp (extracted by keeing tamrind in warm water for 30 minutes).
- 1 tsp red chili powder.
Next roasting makhana (foxnuts)
- 3-4 tsp oil.
- Some Raw Peanuts.
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder.
- 150 gm Foxnuts / Lotus Seeds (roast on medium flame).
- Salt & Red Chilli powder.
- For Mixing of bhel-
finely chopped. tomatoes.
- Finely chopped onions.
- Finely chopped raw mangoes.
- Coriander leaves.
How to make
- To make Makaha Bhel.
- We need to prepare thick chutney.
- First we make coriander chutney (mint thick sauce).
- In a mixie jar, take 1 tbs raw peanuts, 1 garlic clove.
- Add 1-2 green chillies and salt
Crush all thedry ingredients first.
- Now in the mixie add 1 bunch of coriander leaves.
- Add few ice cubes so that chutney doesn’t get black.
- Add 1/2 lemon juice.
- You can also add mint leaves if you like.
- Chutney should be thick and not liquidy, so use less water, as Makhana tends to get chewy very quickly.
- Add just 1/2 tbs water and churn, green coriander chutney is ready.
- Now we maie sweet imli (tamrind) chutney.
- Heat up a pan and add 1/2 tbs water.
- Add 1/2 cup jaggery (gud), and let it melt on medium flame.
- Water is added just to ensure jaggery doesn’t stick to surface.
- Add 1.5 tbs tamrind pulp.
- Add 1 tsp red chilli powder and salt.
- Mix well and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Chutney will on its own get thick as it cools down.
- In a pan, take 3-4 tsp oil and first take peanuts for roasting.
- Add salt and 1/2 tsp red chili powder.
- Take out peanuts and now roast foxnuts (makhana).
- Add salt and red chili powder.
- Roast at low to medium flame for 10-12 minutes.
- Add peanuts back.
- Take out roasted nuts in a bowl and let it cool down.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes, onions, raw mangoes you can also add pomergranate, boiled potatoes.
- Add coriander chutney & tamrind sweet chutney.
- Mix quickly.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and besan sev.
- Makhana Bhel is ready, eat it instantly
Watch Makhana Ki Bhel Recipe
Makhana Bhel Recipe
No recipe Found