Moong Dal Dhokla Recipe
As a kid, I would heartily feast on every single delicacy that my mother prepared for me. But my mother’s main goal wasn’t just to cook delicious meals for me, but also to ensure that I consume adequate proteins daily to meet my body’s protein requirements. This Mother’s Day, I am preparing my mother’s special Dal Ke Dhoklas alongside my daughter. This dish continues to stay undefeated when it comes to a complete protein-rich meal !
Preparation Method of Moong Dal Dhokla
How to make Mung Daal Ka Dhokla?
- In a mixer jar, mix a small piece of ginger, a garlic clove and a green chilli.
- Garlic is optional
- Have taken 3/4th cup chilke waali moong daal and 1/4th cup rice – and soaked them in water for 3-4 hours.
- Crush this mix along with ginger garlic and chilli.
- Try and take less water; and crush as much as you can without water; add only if mixie needs more water.
- Once batter is crushed, take out and add some salt per taste.
- Add 1 tsp fruit salt ( if you don’t have fruit salt, you can take baking soda too).
- Take a pan and grease it with oil.
- Fill mixture of dhokla and steam it; keep a steamer ready on medium flame.
- Steaming takes 10-12 minutes.
- Take the dhokla out and let them cool down for some time.
- Cut dhokla and now it’s time to spice them up with a tadka.
- In a pan take 2 spoon oil and add mustard seeds.
- Once you hear crackling sound, add a pinch of asafoetida and white sesamy seeds.
- Add fresh curry leaves (kadi patta).
- Now add dal dhokla and toss them.
- 5-7 minute of cooking is good enough.
- Add coriander leaves.
- Enjoy Dal Dhokla.
Watch Video for Moong Dal Dhokla Recipe
Healthy Tips for Moong Daal Dokla
- You can add other vegetables also if you like.
- You can use chutney also when you serve.
- As Moong Dal ka dhokla is a healthy food item then you don’t have to worry about nutrients.
- Every mom should have to introduce this recipe in your home for all family members.
- You can also use any other Dal if you like or if moong dal is not available at your home.
More About Moong Dal Dhokla
Mung daal ka dhokla is full of protein. Every mum should have to make learn the year kids to consume more proteins. if they don’t like proteins to take directly then you can try different different food items. Moong dal ka dhokla is one of them. If your kids are not interested in taking Daal Chawal or something like that then you can try. Moong Dal ka dhokla at your home.
Mung daal ka dhokla is so healthy and so tasty that kids will love it. you can serve eat in breakfast lunch and dinner as you like. there are no any kind of special masala Zara used in the dhokla. you can replace some masala as per your need or as per your taste but at your own risk because Chef Meghna didn’t try your style.
Try various recipes with tutorial by Meghna:
More Dhokla Recipes:
- Naylon Khaman recipe with Besan Kadhi.
- Corn Palak Suji Dhokla Recipe.
- Pav Bhaji Masala Suji Dhokla.
- Khaman Dhokla Recipe.
Some Chocolate Recipes:
Moong Dal Dhokla
No recipe Found