Murmura ki Chatpati / Instant Chatpati Recipe
Made from puffed rice, Murmura ki Chatpati as we call in Gujarat and Sushila as it’s known in Maharashtra, has also many versions and names all over India. But I think, there can’t be a more quicker snack than this delicious spicy, salty, sweet and sour dish. Enjoy.
How to make Murmura ki Chatpati Recipe?
- 3 cup murmura (puffed rice).
- Water (to soak).
- 1 tbs oil.
- Peanuts and daliya (for crunch).
- Some mustard seeds (rai).
- Pinch of asafoetida powder (hing).
- Some curry leaves.
- Some green chillies.
- 1 medium sized finely chopped onion.
- Salt as per taste.
- Some turmeric powder (haldi).
- Some coriander (dhaniya) powder.
- Some red chilli powder.
- 1 medium sized finely chopped tomato.
- Some lime juice.
- 1/2 tsp sugar (optional).
- Some finely chopped coriander leaves.
How to make?
- Take a mixing bowl, add approx 3 cup murmura (puffed rice).
- Add water, mix it and put it in a strainer immediately.
- Heat up the pan, add 1 tbs oil.
- Add some peanuts and daliya (for crunch) and roast well.
- Add some mustard seeds (rai)
(can also add jeera, kaju or kishmish).
- Add a pinch of asafoetida powder (hing).
- Add some curry leaves.
- Add some finely chopped green chillies.
- Add 1 medium sized finely chopped onion and mix it.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Add some turmeric powder (haldi).
- Add some coriander (dhaniya) powder.
- Add some red chilli powder.
- Add 1 medium sized finely chopped tomato
(do not overcook tomato).
- Add soaked murmura and mix it well.
- Cook it on medium to high flame.
- Drizzle some lime juice.
- Add 1/2 tsp sugar (optional).
- Add some finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Turn off the heat, and take it on a serving plate.
- Garnish with some coriander leaves & pomegranate.
- Here’s your Quick & Delicious Murmura ka Chatpata (Sushila) ready!!!
Recipe video for Murmura ki Chatpati Recipe
Murmura ki Chatpati
No recipe Found