Naylon Khaman recipe with Besan Kadhi / Khaman Chutney Recipe
- Take 1.5 cup besan (Chickpeas Flour), Sieve it properly.
- We are making with citric acid (nimbu phool), we’ll use lemon.
- Add salt.
- Keep steamer on.
- Gradually add water so that there are no lumps in besan.
- Mix well.
- Batter should be free flowing.
- Add little water if need be.
- Make it runny batter.
- Add 1 tsp fruit salt (Eno).
- Batter will double in size and color will get pale in color.
- Do not use Turmeric.
- Place it in a greased plate inside steamer.
- Cover the lead with clothe so that water doesn’t drip on Khaman.
- Steam cook on medium flame for 20 minutes.
More Steps in Khaman Chutney Recipe Process
- Next we will prepare tadka.
- In a pan, take 2 tbs oil.
- As oil heats up, add 1 tsp mustard seeds.
- Add a pinch of asafoetida (hing).
- We usually use peanut oil for tadka.
- In Gujarat they charge premium for Peanut oil Khaman.
- Add chopped 3-4 green chillies and fresh green curry leaves.
- Add 1/4th cup water.
- Add Salt and 2 – 4 tbs sugar depending upon your liking for sweetness.
- Keep stirring till sugar is completely melted.
- Add 1/2 lemon juice.
- Tadka is ready.
- In 20 minutes check khaman is cooked by inserting a knife.
- Let it cool down for 10 minutes and then only cut.
- Then we will pour tadka.
- Next prepare Besan Kadi or Chutney.
- Make cuts in Khaman Plate.
- Pour Tadka on top, you’ll see all water getting absorbed in Khaman in some time.
- To make kadi, 3 tbs besan in a bowl.
- Add some salt less than 1/2 tsp Haldi (Turmeric powder).
- Add some water and mix so that there are no lumps left.
- Add another 1/4th cup water as we need to cook kadi.
- Mix should be little watery as we are going to cook it.
- Take 2 tsp oil in a deep pan.
- Add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds (Raai ke daane).
- Cook on medium flame.
More steps to complete Naylon Khaman recipe with Besan Kadhi
- As you hear crackling sound, add 1/2 tsp Asafoetida powder
add few green chillies, coriander seeds and fresh green curry leaves.
- Now add the watery batter of besan.
- Keep stirring else it will form lumps.
- As it gets thick, add 1/2 tsp sugar (you may add more if you like).
- Add 1/2 lemon juice.
- This will be semi thick and semi pouring consistency.
- Besan Kadi is ready.
- Serve with Khaman.
Watch Nylon Khaman Recipe Video
Naylon Khaman recipe with Besan Kadhi
No recipe Found