How to Make No Fry Bread Pakoda ?
So what constitutes a bread pakoda is Potato, Potato mix, Bread, Besan and some deep frying in oil ? I am removing most of the oil from the equation (leaving a few drops of oil for cooking). Best to avoid deep fried food during lockdown due to reduced physical activities. Recipe is simple it’s all about skills. Here’s my version of No Fry Bread Pakoda or you may call it Aloo Toast or Masala Toast, if you ilke.
Don’t for get to try Apple Chana Chat.
No Fry Bread Pakoda Recipe
- 2 small potatoes boiled, mashed
- Chopped coriander leaves
- 2 green chillies finely chopped.
- 1 chopped onion (or green onion).
- Chat Masala
- Salt (very little)
- 1 tbs Besan. (Chickpeas flour)
- 1 tsp oil.
- In a bowl take 2 boiled potatoes and mash them
- Add some chopped coriander leaves
- Add 2 finely chopped green chillies.
- Add small chopped green onion
- You may additionally add ginger and garlic if you like
- Add some chaat masala
- And just a little chat masala
- Mix everything.
- In another bowl, take 1 tbs besan (Chickpeas floor)
- And add some water in it; we want very thin runny batter
(Alternatively, you may use maida (plain flour) instead of besan too.)
- Mix well such that no lumps are left
- And add a pinch of salt and mix well
- Take few slices of bread and apply green coriander mint chutney
- And then spread potato stuffing and spread it evenly covering all the sides
- Heat up a pan
pour 1 tsp oil
- Take the chickpeas flour runny batter and with a spoon pour it evenly an top of the bread
and then place it on the pan to cook on both sides on slow flame; we need to ensure it’s cooked from both sides
- When you flip the bread on the pan you should take few drops of oil on the other side
- So our Bread Pakoda / Masala Toasts are ready
- Drizzle some ketchup if you like
- Enjoy this super healthy Bread Pakoda cum Masala Toast cum Aloo Toast version of mine.
No Fry Bread Pakoda Recipe Video
No Fry Bread Pakoda
No recipe Found