Papad Methi Ki Sabzi Recipe
On popular demand, another Jain Recipe for Paryushan festival. As Jains do not eat greens during this time, this sabji is actually made from Fenugreek seeds (methi dana) and papad. No Garlic, No Ginger, No root vegetables basically. And we at our home eat this all through the year, not just during Paryushan only. Enjoy.
How to make Papad Methi Ki Sabzi ?
- 2 tbs methi (fenugreek seeds – soaked in water).
- 1 tbs oil.
- Pinch of asafoetida powder.
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi).
- 1 tsp red chilli powder.
- Salt as per taste.
- 1.5 tsp sugar (gur is optional).
- 1/2 lemon juice (kokam is optional).
- 3 papad, roughly cut.
How to make?
- Firstly let’s cook 2 tbs methi (fenugreek seeds – soaked in water for half an hour).
- Pressure cook up to 2 whistles.
- Transfer in a bowl along with water.
- Mash with hands to remove its skin.
- Drain the water.
- Now heat up the pan.
- Add 1 tbs oil.
- Add a pinch of asafoetida powder.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi).
- Add 1 tsp red chilli powder
(you can add spices as per your choice).
- Fry for a minute and add boiled methi.
- Add a bowl of water.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Leave it to simmer.
- Then add 1.5 tsp sugar (gur is optional).
- Add 1/2 lemon juice (kokam is optional).
- Now roughly cut 3 papad and add them into sabji.
- Cook for more 5 minutes until papad absorb water.
- Turn off the heat and take it in a serving bowl.
- Serve warm with Roti, Puri or Khakra.
- Enjoy this Luscious Papad & Methi ki Sabji!!!
Recipe Video for Papad Methi Ki Sabzi
Papad Methi Ki Sabzi
No recipe Found