- Prep Time30 mins
- Serving3 People
- 150 gm penne wheat pasta – pre-boiled al dante.
- Chopped garlic
- Chopped onion.
- Olive Oil.
- Chopped broccoli.
- Chopped zucchini green and yellow.
- Chopped bell peppers red, green, yellow.
- Chopped celery (or dry celery).
- Basil leaves (or Dry basil).
- Chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup Tomato puree (or puree made from 4-5 tomatoes).
- 1/2 tsp sugar.
- Parmesan cheese for garnishing (optional).
- First, you should toss pasta with vegetables.
- Take chopped oil, chopped garlic & chopped onion in a pan.
- Don’t overcook it as it will get cooked again with sauce.
- Add chopped broccoli, zucchini both colours & bell peppers.
- Sprinkle some salt & chilli flakes.
- Toss the vegetables
- Keep pre-boiled pasta ready.
- Boiling up to 80% – should be al dante; which means
pasta should not be over boiled; it should be of a texture that sticks to your teeth.
- I have added wheat pasta, but you may use normal pasta too.
- After tossing the pasta and vegetables together, take them out in a bowl
- Now in the same pan, we will make the sauce.
- Take some olive oil, chopped garlic, chopped fresh (or dry if you don’t have fresh) celery,
- Now add chopped onions (optional), it gives you nice sweetness.
- Now add tomato puree. You can make tomato puree by boiling & crushing fresh tomatoes too
- To balance the sourness of tomatoes, add 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Add some salt (use less salt as we have already used it in pasta).
- Add some chilli flakes.
- Mix everything
- Let it cook and wait till you get bubbles in the sauce
- Now add pasta and vegetables into the sauce
- Mix well; cook for another 5 minutes maximum.
- Pasta Arrabbiata is ready
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves; if you don’t have fresh basil; you may use dry basil
- Use hands to cut basil leaves; else they will turn black.
- While serving you may garnish with parmesan cheese.
No recipe Found