Pear Frangipane Eggless Tart
Continuing our international dishes with desi touch – the journey goes to France. Sharing the famous Pear Frangipane Tart recipe in the eggless version.
How to make Pear Frangipane Tart ?
- 2 cup (200 gm) plain flour (maida).
- 100 gm butter.
- A pinch of salt.
- 7 tbs caster sugar.
- 1 tsp vanilla essence.
- 4-6 tbs chilled milk + 2 tbs milk (room temperature).
- 1ltr water + 4 tbs water.
- 1/2 sugar.
- A piece of cinnamon stick.
- Some lemon rind
- 2 pears.
- Lime juice (to squeeze on pear).
- 140 gm almond flour.
- 2 tbs flax seeds.
- 1 tsp baking powder.
- 1 tsp vanilla essence.
- 4 tbs virgin coconut oil.
- Lemon zest (optional).
- Icing sugar (for dusting on top).
How to Make?
To Kneed Dough :
- Take a mixing bowl, add 2 cup(200 gm) plain (maida).
- Add 100 gm butter.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Add 3 tbs caster sugar.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla essence and mix all ingredients with hands (to get sand textured mixture).
- Add approx 4-6 tbs chilled milk (each spoon step by step), mix it and kneed dough well
(Keep this dough in refrigerator for 10 mins).
To Poach Pears :
- Take a big sauce pan, pour 1ltr water.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar.
- Add a piece of cinnamon stick.
- Add some lemon rind.
- Peel 2 pears, squeeze some lime juice on them.
- Then heat up the pan, add pears and cook for 10-15 mins on medium flame.
(Rest it to bring it to the room temperature)
Further roll the dough with the help of rolling pin.
- Place the flattened dough/ tart in tart pan, remove extra dough from the sides of pan.
- To blind bake tart, preheat oven for 10 mins at 180⁰.
- Prick whole tart with the help of fork (or make small holes in it – to avoid rising).
- Keep tart pan in oven and bake it for 15-20 mins.
To Make Frangipane Filling
- Take a mixing bowl, add 140 gm almond flour.
- Add 4 tbs caster sugar (Grind 2 tbs flaxseeds in mixie, make fine powder and add 4 tbs water in it, mix and rest it for a while).
- Add 1 tsp baking powder.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla essence/ almond essence.
- Add 4 tbs virgin coconut oil/ butter.
- Add flax seeds mixture (You can replace flax seeds with 2 medium size eggs).
- Add approx 2 tbs milk, mix it well and make thick batter.
- Add some chopped lemon zest (optional for flavour).
- Further add this batter in tart pan and spread it even.
- Cut both pears in 2 pieces, remove seeds from the center.
- Cut it into thin pieces and place it on the layer of batter.
- Keep the pan in preheated oven and bake it for 20-25 mins at 180⁰.
- Once baked remove pan from the oven and leave it for 10 mins to bring it to room temperature.
- Take it on a serving plate and dust some icing sugar on it.
- So here’s your Scrumptious Pear Frangipane Tart ready to serve!!!
Watch Pear Frangipane Tart Recipe Video
Pear Frangipane Tart
No recipe Found