Baingan Ka Bharta Recipe
This easy baingan bharta recipe is going to be a sure shot hit at your home! Eggplant is cooked with garlic, onion, tomatoes & all those aromatic masalas and before getting roasted on an open flame, gives you the most delicious smoky flavour. Enjoy my version of Baingan ka Bharta with Roti, Rice or just like that.
Love M #ChefMeghna #BainganKaBharta #BainganBhartaRecipe.
Find Mixed Vegetables Recipe.
- 1-2 Eggplants (1 Baingan if large else take 2).
1-2 finely chopped onion.
- 1-2 chopped tomatoes.
- Few cloves of finely chopped garlic.
- 1 spoon ginger-garlic paste.
- Salt per taste.
- Turmeric powder
Cumin seeds (jeera).
- Kashmiri red chile powder.
- Coriander powder (dhania powder)
- Garam masala
- Heat up the pan
- Add some oil.
- While oil is heating up take eggplant.
- Apply little oil on the skin of the eggplant.
- Roast eggplant on flame .
- And remove the skin-off the eggplant.
- Take the mashed eggplant in a separate bowl.
- Now in the hot oil, add cumin seeds (Jeera).
- As cumin seeds start getting cooked, add finely chopped garlic.
- Now add 1 spoon ginger-garlic paste.
- let them cook.
- Add finely chopped onion.
- Add salt per taste.
- Cook till onion gets brown.
- Add green chillies chopped.
- Time to add all dry masalas as we want masalas to get little roasted in the oil for that amazing aroma.
- Add turmeric powder.
- Add Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Add coriander powder (Dhaniya powder).
- Add garam masala.
- let them get roasted for a while.
- Add 1-2 chopped tomatoes.
- Mix them all.
- Cover the pan with a lead and let them cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Tomatoes are well cooked, should get mushy.
- Now add some coriander leaves, leave some for garnishing.
- Time to add the mashed eggplant.
- mix well.
- The eggplant was already cooked when we roasted it on the flame, but we want to ensure it gets a mushy and slightly thinner consistency.
- Add little water.
- Cover the lead and let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Baingan ka bharta is ready, enjoy the smokey flavour.
- Take it out in a bowl, you may garnish with coriander leaves and green chilis.
Punjabi Baingan Ka Bharta Recipe
No recipe Found