Rajasthani Mung Dal Ka Paratha Recipe
How to Make Rajasthani Mung Dal Ka Paratha?
- 1/2 cup petite yellow lentils(mung dal).
- Salt as per taste.
- Some turmeric powder.
- 1 cup wheat flour 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera).
- 1 tsp red chilli powder.
- 1 tsp coriander powder.
- Some asafoetida powder (hing).
- Some finely chopped green onions/ red onions.
- 1/2 tsp garam masala.
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Some finely chopped coriander.
- Soak 1/2 cup petite yellow lentils (mung dal) in water for 2 hours.
- Heat up the pan, pour soaked petite yellow lentils (mung dal) and some water in it.
- Add some salt and a pinch of turmeric powder, cover the lead and leave it for cooking (while cooking you can get the foam out from it with the help of spoon – optional since this foam has a particular smell).
- Turn off the stove when it is about 80%/ half cooked (check by pressing it with fingers).
- Use strainer and drain all water (make sure it’s fully dry to avoid sogginess while rolling parathas).
- Add 1 cup wheat flour in a mixing bowl Add some salt & 1 tsp oil in it and make a hard dough and then apply.
- Some oil on it not to make it dry.
To make dal stuffing :
- Heat up the pan
- Pour 2 tsp oil (ghee – optional).
- Add 1 tsp cumin seeds.
- Add a pinch of asafoetida powder.
- Add 1 tsp coriander powder.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (Can add green chillies – optional).
- Add some finely chopped green /red onions (Add ginger & garlic paste – optional) (For Jain style paratha you can avoid using onion, ginger, garlic & coriander.)
- Add 1 tsp red chilli powder.
- Add 1/2 tsp garam masala Add cooked moong dal mix it well and keep pressing it with a spoon.
- Now add some salt once the dal is nicely cooked.
- Add 1/2 lemon juice (it gives an amazing flavour).
- Take this stuffing in a mixing bowl, rest it for a while and add some finely chopped coriander in it.
To make parathas :
- Now roll out a ball from the prepared dough, place it on a flat surface and flatten it with the help of rolling pin.
- Put stuffing in the middle of the roti, cover the roti on it and keep rolling over the paratha with the help of some dry wheat flour.
- Cook the paratha on a pan until it puffs up, apply some oil on both the sides. (follow the same procedure to make more parathas).
Your wholesome meal Dal Paratha is all set. To balance your appetite serve it with curd/ boondi raita.
Rajasthani Mung Dal Paratha Video on Meghna's Food Magic
Rajasthani Mung-dal Ka Paratha
No recipe Found