How to make Restaurant Style Dal Tadka ?
Dal tadka recipe or dal fry recipe is the most simple and the most popular dish served in all Indian restaurants and roadside dhabas. Not only in restaurants, but you will also find a plain dal in every Indian kitchen. North India has its special Restaurant-style dal tadka recipe which is made with toor dal and chana dal. This simple dal fry recipe can turn any meal into a special meal. No matter what, if you are dining at a restaurant or having a normal dining routine at home this restaurant style dal tadka recipe is a must-have delicacy.
Wondering how to make dal tadka recipe at home? It’s quite easy to recreate a restaurant-style dal tadka recipe yourself as it doesn’t require fancy ingredients. You can find all the basic ingredients required for this dal fry at your nearby grocery store. Let’s get started !
Also try Punjabi Dal Makhani Recipe.
- 1 Cup Yellow Dal (Arhar / Toor ).
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 small finely chopped onion.
- 1 chopped tomato (optional).
- Salt as per taste.
- 1/2 tbs Ghee.
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida (Hing powder).
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera).
- 2 cloves of Garlic finely chopped.
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder.
- 1 fresh Green Chili finely chopped.
- 2 dry Red Chillies
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala.
- Coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Take soaked yellow (Toor / Arhar) dal
- Add 1 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- Add 1 small finely chopped onion
- Adding Tomato is optional
- Add 1/2 cup water
- Add salt per taste
- We are making a lighter version so we will do tempering (tadka) just once.
Restaurants usually do 2-3 times tempering (tadka) & make it very heavy.
- Close the lid on the pressure cooker and wait for 2-3 whistles.
- Let the cooker cool down.
- Open the lid and keep the heat on.
- Keep dal little chunky – not too mushy.
- Just add 1/4th cup water.
- Keep cooker aside and let it boil.
- Time to prepare the Tadka (Tempering).
- Take 1/2 tbs Ghee.
- Add 1/2 tsp Asafoetida.
- Add 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds.
- Add 2 cloves of Garlic.
- Let it brown a little.
- Add 1 Green Chili finely chopped.
- Add 2 Dry Red Chilies.
- Add 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder for Color.
- Add 1/2 tsp Garam Masala .
- Mix well.
- Tadka is now ready
In a serving bowl take the boiled dal that we have prepared.
- Sprinkle Tadka over boiled dal.
- Garnish with coriander leave.
- Enjoy Dal Fry or Dal Tadka restaurant-style recipe in a healthier version at home.
Watch Restaurant Style Dal Tadka Recipe
Restaurant Style Dal Tadka Recipe
No recipe Found