Shengdana Ki Poli
Known to be a Solapur speciality, Shengdana ki Poli is a puran poli version made with peanuts and seasame seeds. It’s unbelievably yummy and I just had to make it for all the viewers. Enjoy with milk or actually without milk also it’s equally yummy, an absolute must try.
How to make Shengdana Ki Poli?
- Wheat flour (gehu ka atta).
- Salt as per taste.
- Oil (to apply on dough).
- 120 gm peanuts (dry roasted and skin removed)
Approx 50-60 gm jaggery (gur).
- 1 tbs roasted white sesame seeds (safed til – optional).
- Some cardamom powder (elaichi – optional).
- Ghee (to apply on roti).
How to make?
To Kneed Dough :
- Take a mixing bowl, add wheat flour (gehu ka atta).
- Add salt as per taste.
- Add water gradually, and knead a soft dough.
- Apply some oil on it and rest for 30 min – 1 hour.
To Make Stuffing :
- Take a mixer jar, add approx 120 gm peanuts (dry roasted and skin removed).
- Grind coarsely and transfer in a bowl.
- Remove peanut chunks and take them in mixie.
- Add approx 50-60 gm jaggery (gur).
- Churn again and add it in a bowl.
- Add 1 tbs roasted white sesame seeds (safed til – optional).
- Add some cardamom powder (elaichi – optional) and mix it well.
Further roll out few balls from the prepared dough.
- Dip into dry flour.
- Flatten with the help of rolling pin and board.
- Add stuffing in the middle of roti.
- Cover with corners and keep rolling it by applying some dry flour (thickness of roti should be as paratha).
- Now heat up the pan, place roti on it keeping the covered side down.
- Dry roast from both sides until it turns golden-brown.
- Drizzle some ghee on it and cook until roti puffs. (Make more rotis following the same procedure).
- Enjoy your Delicious Shengdane ki Poli with Chilled Milk!!!
Recipe video for Shengdana Ki Poli
Shengdana Ki Poli
No recipe Found