Sing Kharek Sabzi Recipe
Sharing one more Paryushan Special Recipe. Actually we eat this all the time during the year not just for Paryushan but also during Tithi days when we don’t eat greens. The recipe uses dried raw mangoes, along with peanuts and dry dates. It has all the flavors and tastes coupled with peanut crunch makes it a winner recipe.
How to make Sing Kharek Sabzi?
- 1/2 cup peanuts (sing soaked in water).
- 10-12 dry dates (kharek soaked in water).
- 6-7 small pieces of dry mango (sukha aam or 1.5 amchur powder is optional).
- Salt as per taste.
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (rai).
- Pinch of asafoetida powder.
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi).
- 2 tsp dhaniya – jeera powder.
- Red chilli powder (as per taste).
- 1 tsp jaggery (gur – optional).
How to make?
- Soak 1/2 cup peanuts (sing) & 10-12 dry dates (kharek) seperately in water for 2-3 hours.
- Remove seeds from kharek and chop them roughly.
- Now to cook transfer them in a pressure cooker.
- Along with the water.
- Add 6-7 small pieces of dry mango (sukha aam or 1.5 amchur powder is optional).
- Add salt as per taste.
- Cook it on medium heat up to 2 whistles.
- Open the cooker lid and gently press few kharek with spoon.
- Now heat up the pan.
- Add some oil.
- Add 1 tsp mustard seeds (rai).
- Add a pinch of asafoetida powder.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi).
- Add 2 tsp dhaniya – jeera powder.
- Add red chilli powder (as per taste).
- Fry for a minute then add boiled peanuts & kharek.
- Mix everything well.
- Add 1 tsp jaggery (gur – optional).
- Cover the lid and cook for 5 minutes until one boil.
- Turn off the heat and take it in a serving bowl.
- Serve warm with Roti, Puri, Khakra or Bhakri.
- Enjoy this Scrumptious Sing & Kharek ki Sabji!!!
Recipe Video for Sing Kharek Sabzi
Sing Kharek Sabzi
No recipe Found