- Prep Time30 Mins
- Serving3 People
Suji Appe or Rava Paniyaram Recipe
Suji Appe is a very popular and healthy south Indian recipe. This recipe is known for many names as Rava Appe, Rava appam, or suji Paniyara. Traditionally Appe is made with a combination of rice and urad dal batter or you can even use leftover batter from Plain Rava Idli Recipe . Nowadays instant version of appe is made with suji. Suji ke appe is absolutely delicious and super easy to make. Suji ke appe is absolutely delicious and super easy to make. So without wasting any minutes lets get started with how to make Appe at home.
Preparation Method and Ingredients for Suji Appe
- 3/4th cup of Suji (Semolina/Rava),
- 3/4th cup buttermilk (Chaas),
- Some chopped green peas ,
- Finely chopped small onion,
- Finely chopped carrot,
- Finely chopped chili,
- Finely chopped coriander leaves,
- Oil ,
- Salt ,
- 1/2 tsp fruit salt .
If you have an appam pan, then all the ingredients in your home, you can make Suji Appams for snacks. Another lockdown recipe; another easy quick method. Enjoy Suji Appam.
How to Make Suji Appe?
- In a bowl, take 3/4th cup of Suji (Semolina / Rava)
Add 1/2 cup buttermilk (Chaas) – you can use curd as well.
- Now mix well; leave it for 10-15 minutes for suji to absorb buttermilk and become a bit fluffy
Now I will mix vegetables.
- Add raw crushed/ chopped green peas (hare matar).
- Add finely chopped onion.
- Add finely chopped bell pepper.
- Add finely chopped carrots.
- Add finely chopped chilies.
- Add chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Add a little more than 1/4th cup buttermilk to get the right texture.
- Mix everything.
- Heat up the appam pan.
- Add 1/2 tsp fruit salt/eating soda to get fluffy texture
- Add some salt per taste.
- Meanwhile add few drops of oil in the appam pan.
- Fill the cavity little above half way; leave some space as suji appam will expand while cooking.
- Now cover and cook on each side for 5-7 minutes.
- Just twist with a spoon; it will easily twist and come off.
- Our Suji Appe or Suji Appam is ready; enjoy with any choice of chutney.
Watch Suji Appe Recipe Video
No recipe Found