Suji Halwa Recipe
One Indian sweet dish that you can make from available ingredients at home and that is Suji Ka Halwa. Just handful of 4-5 ingredients and you can make this famous Indian sweet dish in 10-15 minutes. Enjoy Suji Ka Halwa.
How to make Suji Halwa ?
- 1 cup Semolina (Suji / Rava).
- 1/2 cup Sugar.
- 2 cups of water.
- A pinch of saffron (kesar).
- 1/4th tsp. Cardamom powder
- 1/4th cup Ghee (Saturated Butter)
- Dry fruits chopped – Almond, Pista, Cashews.
We will make Suji ka Halwa in 2 simultaneous processes:
- In one kadai, we will cook suji and in another pan we will melt sugar in water.
- Have taken a cup of suji (rava)
- For every cup of suji take half a cup of sugar or if you like more sweet than a little more than half.
- So now heat up the pan with water and let sugar dilute in it; we don’t want to make thick sugar syrup; just want to dilute sugar in water.
- In the same pan of sugar, add some saffron (kesar)
- And add some elaichi powder (cardamom powder).
- In the other kadai, heat it up, and add 1/4th cup Ghee (Saturated Butter)
- As ghee melts, we will first fry some dry fruits – am adding some cashews (kaju), almonds (badam).
- Once dry fruits are mildly fried; add suji (rava); and let it cook for some time.
- Keep checking if sugar has melted in the other pan.
- Wait till Suji is roasted; if you add sugar diluted water in raw suji then you will not get that aeroma.
- So make sure suji is roasted properly for 10 minutes.
- Once you get that aroma, you will know that suji is roasted properly; it’s time to reduce the flame and start adding sugar diluted water in parts; and keep mixing it.
- You will see that Suji will start soaking water.
- You should add upto 2 cups of water for 1 cup of Suji.
- As water gets soaked, halwa will get ready and soon it will start folding up and leave the surface of kadai and you will also see ghee on the sides being released from Suji; which means Suji
- Halwa is ready.
- Enjoy that fresh aroma of cooked semolina, kesar and ghee.
- Serve Suji ka Halwa in a bowl; garnish with chopped almond and pista.
- Enjoy hot; and if you store suji ka halwa then heat it in a microwave every time you eat it.
Watch Suji Halwa Recipe Video
No recipe Found