Suji Handvo Recipe
Recognized & Popular Gujarati snack – Handvo in different version using Rava or Suji. Super light, soft yet crispy – you can make this world famous Handvao with Suji twist at home.
How to make Suji Handvo ?
- 1 cup semolina (Rava or Suji).
- 1/2 cup curd
Chopped vegetables – French Beans, Tomatoes, Onions, Green chillies.
- Green Peas.
- Grated Carrots.
- Salt per taste.
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp fruit salt
- 3-4 tbs oil.
- Rai ke daane (Mustard Seeds)
- Jeera (Cumin Seeds).
- A pinch of Asafoetida (Hing powder).
- Green curry leaves.
- In a bowl, take 1 cup suji/semolina / Rava.
- This is a quick recipe.
- Add 1/2 cup curd
- Mix nicely.
- Add 2 spoon water, as semolina (Rava / Suji) as semolina absorbs water.
- Mix well.
- Give it 15 minutes of rest.
- Now add some vegetables of your choice.
- Am adding french beans, green peas, tomatoes, grated carrots, finely chopped onion and finely chopped green chillies.
- Add some salt and water.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Add half a spoon of water and immediately add some fruit salt.
- You will see fruit salt releasing bubbles when mixed with water
immediately mix the mixture.
- Fruit salt will make your Handvo soft.
- Now in a large pan, take 3-4 tbsp oil, some mustard seeds (rai ke daane), cumin seeds (jeera), a pinch of asafoetida (hing powder), and curry leaves.
- Now spread Handvo mix in the pan.
- Cook on both sides by covering the lead and cooking for 10 minutes.
- Follow the instructions per video when you flip handvo using a plate.
- Crispy from outside and soft from inside- Suji Handvo is ready; enjoy warm with a cup of tea or just as a side dish with your main course.
Watch Suji Handvo Recipe Video
No recipe Found