Sweet Potato Peanuts Kebab Recipe
Inspired by Surat’s famous Buf vada – have given this not one but two healthy twists. Presenting Sweet Potato Peanuts Kebabs – not deep-fried but shallow fried. Served with Coriander Chutney and Sev. Enjoy.
Sweet Potato Peanuts Kebab Preparation
- 1/4th cup raw peanuts half crushed.
- 1 spoon oil.
- A piece of ginger grated.
- 4-5 fresh green chillies finely chopped.
- Coriander Leaves.
- 1/4th cup fresh or dry coconut.
- 1 tsp sugar.
- 1/4th cup soaked poha.
- 200 gm Sweet potatoes boiled.
- 1 lemon juice.
- 1 tablespoon dry roasted besan (Gram floor – just roasted on a pan, it will turn little pinkish).
- Sev (for garnishing).
- Green Chutney to have with the Kebabs.
How to Make?
- Take 1/4th cup raw peanuts half crushed
- In a pan, take 1 spoon oil and roast peanuts till they get golden brown and you get the roasted peanut smell.
- Add a small piece of ginger grated.
- Add fresh green chillies finely chopped.
- Add little salt.
- Now turn off the heat and add some garam masala.
- Time to make stuffing
in a bowl take roasted peanuts mix and add 1/4th cup fresh or dry coconut.
- Add lots of coriander leaves.
- Add 1 tsp sugar (This is optional if you don’t like sweetness in the stuffing).
- Add 1/4th cup soaked poha.
- Crush with the hand before mixing.
- Poha acts as the binding agent.
- Now mix everything with hand and make small balls which will be the stuffing going into our kababs.
- Boil sweet corn potatoes and grate them; this will ensure no lumps are left.
- Add some salt and fresh chilli finely chopped.
- Add lemon juice.
- Add dry roasted besan 1 table spoon (Gram floor).
- Bind everything together.
- Now take small roundels of sweet potato mix; flatten it and place the peanut stuffing inside and cover it.
- Roll the kababs in white sesame seeds.
- Shallow fry them both sides at medium-high flame; till you get a golden colour on each side.
- Our Sweet Potato Peanuts
- Kebabs are ready.
- Serve them by garnishing with green chatni and sev.
Watch Video for Sweet Potato Peanuts Kebab
Sweet Potato Peanuts Kebab
No recipe Found