Thandai Recipe: Method and Ingredients
How to make Thandai ?
- 1/2 litre milk.
- Melon Seeds (kharbuje ke beej).
- Poppy Seeds (Khas Khas).
- Peppercorns (kali mirch).
- 1 tbs sauf (Fannel seeds).
- Cardamom powder (Elaichi).
- Dry Rose Petals – Alternative Rose syrup or Rose Water.
- Saffron (Kesar) soaked in 3-4 spoons milk.
How to Prepare:
- Heat up a deep pan
- Take 0.5-litre milk to warm up on the sides, make Thandai Masala.
- Take some almonds and let it get soaked in warm water.
- In a bowl take cashew, pistachio and melon seeds.
- Add 1 tbs Khas Khas (Poppy Seeds).
- Add 6-7 peppercorns.
- Add 1 tbs sauf (Fannel seeds) – this is a key ingredient in Thandai.
- Add some elaichi powder (cardamom powder).
- Add a few dry rose petals. Alternatively, you could add rose water or rose syrup too.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Add the soaked almonds into the mix with a little water and churn it in a mixer.
- And you will get a paste consistency thandai mix – this is not meant to be a smooth paste.
- Now in the milk that is warmed up; add 2 tbs sugar
And add the Thandai masala in the milk.
- Keep stirring the milk else Thandai Masala will get stuck on the bottom of the pan.
- Add saffron (kesar) soaked in 3-4 spoons of warm milk into the pan.
- This will give a wonderful color to Thandai.
- As you get boiling temperature. Cool Thandai down and keep in fridge for 2 hours.
- Thandai is ready; it’s a summer drink so serve it cold.
- Garnish with almond and pistachio and enjoy Holi festival with cool Thandai.
Watch Thandai Recipe Video
No recipe Found