Tomato Soup Recipe
How to make Tomato Soup?
- 1/2 tsp butter
Jeera (cumin seeds) – Optional.
- 1 chopped onion.
- 2 garlic cloves.
- 1 cup chopped carrots.
- 1 cup pumpkin chopped (or alternatively use potato).
- Salt & Pepper.
- 3 chopped tomatoes.
- Basil leaves.
- 1/2 tsp sugar.
- Cooking cream for garnishing.
How to make?
- I have used a pressure cooker to make this soup.
- Heat up the pressure cooker vessel and take 1/2 tsp butter
- Let butter melt
- If you like Jeera (fenugreek seeds) then at this time add some
- Add 1 chopped onion
- Add 2 garlic cloves
- Add 1 cup chopped carrot – it will help thicken the soup and bring a nice texture.
- Add 1 cup pumpkin – (you can optionally take potato instead of pumpkin).
- Pumpkin gives mild sweetness to the soup.
- Add some salt and pepper.
- Add chopped 3 tomatoes
- Mix well
- Add 1 cup water
- Close the cooker and wait for 2 Whistles.
- Now open the cooker and let it cool down
- And then churn the mixture in a mixie
- Now strain the mixture in a bowl so that all tomato seeds or thick skin gets strained out.
- Now take the soup in a pan and let it heat up
- Add some water to manage thickness
- Add some crushed black pepper.
- Add 1/2 tsp sugar to balance the sourness of tomato.
- Mix well
- Wait for one boil
- Now switch off the flame.
- Add basil leaves by tearing them with hands (don’t use a knife).
- Serve soup in a bowl.
- Garnish with some cream and a basil leave.
- Feel free to add some bread crumbs.
Watch Tomato Soup Recipe Video
No recipe Found