How to make Vegetable Rava Upma?
Vegetable Rava Upma Recipe is a popular south Indian breakfast meal. It is also known as Khara bath in Karnataka and is made using common ingredients like suji and vegetables. With the addition of seasonal vegetables like cabbage, tomatoes, carrots, beans, peas or even sweet corn gives a great taste. You can also add peanuts and cashews to increase protein intake. This vegetable rava upma recipe can serve as snacks or breakfast or whenever hunger strikes. Suji Upma is also ideal for tiffin.
Learn how to make upma step by step with me. And If you loved this recipe don’t forget to try Kanda Poha Recipe and Bread Pizza Recipe On Tawa for breakfast or snacks time.
- Water 2 cup
- 1 cup Oil, 2 tbs
Saturated Butter (Ghee)
- 1 spoon
Mustard seeds (Rai ke Daane) –
- 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal 1 tsp
Cumin seeds –
- Jeera 1/2 tsp.
- 1 small Onion chopped.
- Curry leaves
- 1 Green chili
- 1 tbs green mutters.
- 1/2 Tomato.
- Coriander Leaves.
- Pomegranate for garnishing.
- Heat up the pan
Simultaneously boil water separately.
- In the pan take 2 tbs oil.
- Add 1 tbs Saturated Butter (Ghee).
- Add some Mustard seeds (Rai).
- Add Skinned White Lentils (Urad Dal).
- Add Cumin Seeds (Jeera).
- Cook till Urad Dal gets little red in color.
- Add chopped onion.
- Add Curry Leaves (Kadi Patta).
- Add Green Chili
- Salt per taste
- Add Green Mutters
- Add half a Tomato chopped.
- Add 1 cup Semolina (Rava).
- Cook everything together.
- You will get Roasted Rava smell.
- Add 2 cups of boiling water.
- Water should be added in parts to avoid getting lumps.
- Let everything get cooked.
- Add Cashews and Green Coriander.
- Semolina (Rava) will soak all the water.
- Your Vegetable Rava Upma is ready. Time for plating.
- Take a small bowl.
- Apply Saturated Butter inside wall of the bowl.
- This will help de-mould Upma.
- Add some cashews at the bottom of the bowl.
- Now fill the bowl with Upma.
- Now flip the bowl upside-down on a plate and Upma will easily come out.
- Garnish with Coriander Leaves and Pomegranate.
Watch Vegetable Rava Upma Recipe
Vegetable Rava Upma Recipe
No recipe Found